Friday, August 17, 2007

Happy Birthday Ethan!

Yesterday was Ethan's first birthday. I tried to make it special for him... but how do you make it a special day for a baby that already gets everything he wants any day of the year? I don't know. We made a cute turtle cake together, played with balloons and bubbles, and I took him to Toys R Us and let him pick out a ball to take home. I think he had a good day.
Eric didn't get off work until 8:00, so we just had a quick cake eating moment and gave him one toy before I put him to bed. We'll do the rest of the presents today.


Ethan saw this toy at his cousin's house and went crazy, so we got him one for his b-day.


When we went into the bathroom to clean up, I said "Ethan, look at your face, you're all messy!" he looked in the mirror and "AHHH" he freaked out! He started screaming and hanging on to me. I guess a green faced baby is pretty scary to a one year old. Poor thing...


I found this recipe on the Betty Crocker website. It is made completely out of cupcakes.

FYI: if you put a cake on the floor to take a picture of it, don't leave it unattended while putting batteries in the camera. I had to perform Emergency Surgery on this little guy twice. Ethan is fast as lightning I tell you!






No comments: