Eric's been jonsing for some sweet potato pie. (Not that either of us have ever had it before). it just sounded good. I usually only make pies on Thanksgiving because somehow that has become my job at the Ursic house every year. Pies have always been a challenge, so I thought I'd take it on. I found a crazy pie crust recipe that is quite complicated but it turned out pretty good. The sweet potato part turned out just okay though. We're not sure how it is supposed to taste, but it was a little blah. We decided that pumpkin is better. We will probably throw the rest away. The baking was the fun part. Plus I'm making a birthday cake for Eric today. And that's just too much junk for 2 people... well, 2 1/2 people. (The dollop of whipped cream is because someone already took a fork full out of the middle. I'm not sure who it was, but Eric thinks it must have been Ethan.)
Thursday, September 27, 2007
Sweet Potater Pie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well too bad you won't be here this year, I am not sure who will make the pies!
Are you guys coming to Florida for Christmas?
Post a Comment