Monday, November 5, 2007

Gettin' my play on...

Here are a few pictures from our trip to the children's museum downtown. It was a lot like the one we went to in Seattle, only a lot smaller. However, there were plenty of buttons to push to keep Ethan happy for hours.
[Notice the brand new jeans. Ethan's on antibiotics still which caused him to have a little accident (well, more like a BIG accident) on the way to the museum. I lifted him out of his carseat and squish... his pant leg was full... Not wanting to turn around and go home, I ran inside and cleaned him up in the bathroom. Unfortunately, I am not the mother who has extra everything in her diaper bag, so he emerged from the bathroom pantless (which becomes less and less cute the older he gets). Luckily, the museum is located IN the downtown mall, so after cleaning up I ran into the nearest department store and bought some way too expensive new jeans. Victory!]

We then enjoyed the rest of our stay... They had a little doctor's office that I couldn't resist.
These are for Eric--

Ethan loved playing with the boats in the water, but he didn't like having his hand wet.


2 comments:

Andrea Teague said...

Those children museums are so cute. Ethan the radiologist...

I'm impressed at your proactive response to the situation. My instict to finding a HUGE accident would be to go home and skip the museum for that day haha.

His jeans are very cute.

Ellen said...

Wow, yes, Sonja had a similar accident when she was sick at a restaurant. The bathroom became a huge Jackson Pollock painting if you know what I mean. I was cleaning up the bathroom for 10 minutes after.
I always forget extra clothes too! When I have a car, I'm going to keep a few extra clothes in there, so I don't have to lug stuff everywhere!