So, this morning Ethan and I went out to feed the bunny. He had escaped from his box again and was sitting by the fence. We went over with some food and water, but he did not seem interested at all. I could tell something was not right. He wouldn't move much and barely drank any water. We left him alone hoping he was just sleepy or something. I went out during Ethan's nap to see what was up and this time the bunny was laying down in the grass not moving... or breathing...
Yep, he didn't last a week with us. I hope it wasn't anything we did or could have prevented. Maybe we have some poisonous plants in our yard? Or maybe he was sick?
I didn't think I was that sad about it, but when Eric came home and I told him about it I started crying (I am pregnant though, I'll cry at an ice cream commercial). So I guess I liked the little guy. He was pretty cute.
I told Ethan that the bunny had to go home. I don't think he understood. I'll see tomorrow when he wakes up and wants to go play with it.
I just hope its few days with us were happy and that it enjoys bunny heaven.

4 comments:
aww, how sad... well, at least you guys had fun with him for a little bit and got some cute pictures and video.
that's so sad. . .it is probably best that ethan doesn't understand, you could always buy another one!
That is so sad! It almost made me cry, but of course I cry at everything already. Maybe when I'm pregnant it'll have the opposite effect and I'll stop crying?
Ethan was SO cute with the bunny and I'm sure that the bunny had a happy time being with you guys. Plus, you saved him from possibly being attacked by the cat, and probably being in pain. If you weren't pregnant with twins, I would say you should get another one because Ethan loved the bunny so much. The video is adorable.
Post a Comment