We mentioned that we got a little sick in Udaipur... Well that was an understatement. Lets see... it was the middle of the night when we were awoken by the fan turning off. The temperature raised 10 degrees instantly. This is normal. There are rolling blackouts all day. But about 10 minutes later it hit Eric. ("it" being the "cheese" pizza he ate for lunch). He was in serious pain. I spent the next half hour trying to fan him with a little battery powered fan I had bought in the states. It wasn't helping. Then it hit ME. Oh my gosh. I have never been so miserable in my life. I wanted to die. Neither of us have ever had food poisoning, but that must have been worst kind. Eric finally got up the energy to go down to the manager's office and ask for some water. He came back and we attempted to mix up some gatoraid to keep us alive. I was holding our lighter so Eric could see, then I burned my finger and dropped the flaming hot lighter on my leg. I think at that point we started laughing well I was crying/laughing... We were so miserable. Eric went downstairs again and demanded some electricity. (they were watching tv downstairs). A few minutes later they turned on our power. They offered to send for the doctor, but that is often a scam too. We weren't in the mood to deal with that.
As horrible as this was, this is one of my favorite memories of India. There is something strangely romantic about your husband holding your hair back for you when you lose your lunch. LIFE LESSON: only eat at places listed in your Lonely Planet Guide Book. PERIOD.
Tuesday, June 22, 2004
Sick of India... Literally
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment