Is he teething?? This has been the question of the year. The only explanation that we can come up with for... lets say... unexplained behavior. Like, screaming for hours at a time in the middle of the night, or needing to be held 24/7 by mommy, or gnawing on everything in sight.
The past few days have been like this, but I can't see any teeth coming in. Two or three times a day I pin him down and pry his mouth open to see if there is a bump where a tooth is about to pop. That is my light at the end of the tunnel of fussiness. Last time I just pushed firmly on the bump and popped the tooth through for him. But, this time... no bumps.
So I was beginning to doubt that teething is his problem right now. Until this morning, when I had to go looking for him through the house. If he is quiet for too long, I know he's getting into something. I found him in his room. He had a disgusted look on his face and was spitting something out of his mouth. It was a piece of his favorite foam football. Minus a lot of foam. This football is pretty hard, I don't know how he got these chunks out of it with only 6 teeth. I swear he's a little puppy dog inside a baby's body. And YES I think he's definitely teething. Because if he's not, then the only other explanation is that he's losing his mind.

Thursday, September 27, 2007
Is He Teething??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is too funny! I can't believe he got all of that off the ball! Rexford has been chewing on his fingers lately- maybe they're both getting more teeth.
Wow. That's something Sonja would do. Her book spines are all trashed. And I don't see any teeth popping through either. I'm sure it hurts even before we can really see a bump. Good luck!
Post a Comment