Monday, March 9, 2009

Not Here Yet...

Tomorrow is the big day. I have a c-section scheduled at 10:00 Tuesday (my 39 week mark). We might still try an induction, but the last we saw, the babies are around 7.5 to 8 lbs. I'm a little nervous. Delivering almost 16 lbs of baby doesn't sound like a lot of fun.
We'll post pictures as soon as we can (or as soon as Eric feels like it).
It is weird knowing exactly when you're going in. I think I like the surprise better. It's very emotional when you have days to think about all the "lasts" you're doing. The last time I'm going to get to sleep in. The last time Ethan and I will have our daily routine together. The last time I'm going to have a quiet morning like this while Ethan is still asleep. The last time I'm going to be alone with my husband for a long long time.
I'm excited for all the firsts that are to come too. Hopefully the first time the twins sleep through the night will come quickly. :)
Thanks for all the well wishes I've been getting. I love you all, and I'll see you on the flip side!

10 comments:

Tiscia said...

Good Luck Audrey! I am so excited for you!

beckee said...

Oh...exciting times! I cannot wait to see pictures! I totally know what you mean about all the "lasts" though. I had scheduled inductions with Armour and Kindle, so I knew when they were coming and had the same thing.

But, like you said, now you get to look forward to all the firsts!!! Let the adventures begin!

Ellen said...

I love you! If it helps, when Natalia was 6 months, the girls finally went down at the same time - 7:00. With luck and determination, hopefully you can get some kind of schedule where the days are crazy, but the nights are yours (more or less) to recuperate. It's not forever, like I keep repeating to myself.
We are so excited and are praying for you!

kimberly said...

I cried for weeks before Rexford was born knowing that he and I wouldn't be doing things alone anymore. It was sad but exciting too. I'm sure Ethan will do great with his new babies. We can't wait to see pictures so please make Eric put them up soon!!! Good luck tomorrow, we'll be praying for you guys.

kimberly said...

I meant to say before Austin was born

Kathleen said...

good luck to you guys!!! i was a week late on both kids and was induced so i too had those "last meal" jitters. i do hope you plan to post before and after pictures of your belly and then the babies :-)...i'll be thinking of you tomorrow!

Andrea Teague said...

Good luck Audrey--I love you! I'm sure you'll do great. I'll pray for you!

Karen said...

I'm so jealous you made it to 39 weeks with the twins! We can't wait to see the little ones. You'll be just fine - we'll be praying for you!

Jaime said...

Good luck Audrey! I can't imagine having twins! You are amazing and I know that you will do great! Can't wait to see the pictures and find out what you named them!

jess (mumbo designs) said...

I'm very excited to see pictures! I know you'll do great - you were prepared with your rough year with Ethan. Good luck the next few days/weeks.