Wednesday, March 11, 2009

ONE BOY AND ONE GIRL

So we got there at 8:00am and they had incorrectly scheduled us for April 10th instead of March 10th. Obviously we didn’t want to wait until 43 weeks, so we opted to stay and work us into the schedule. Consequently everything went slowly and we didn’t even start the trial of induction until 2:00pm. Around 7:30 we started pushing and pushed for almost two hours. Audrey was a real trooper. I really thought we where going to have to go to c-section (in which case Audrey would have been eternally angry with me for persuading her to try induction). But ultimately the boy was born around 9:30ish at 7 lbs 9 oz. After starting to push the second baby, the baby's heart rate dipped and the OB used the suction to just pull her out, 7 lbs 2 oz. Both babies are healthy and doing fine (except one sleep deprived husband that has to work tomorrow). Audrey is doing great, considering what she went through.

Same as last time with Ethan Magnus, I lost the naming battle and was demote to middle names. Names are Boy: Zachary Ozzie and Girl: Autumn India.

17 comments:

kimberly said...

Awww, we're so happy they are here and healthy! We can't wait to see them in person. I'm so glad everything went well. We love you guys!

beckee said...

Congrats! I am so glad you posted pics already Eric!

I can't believe the "scheduling error"!!! DANG! But on the other hand, at least it all worked out to still have them born yesterday!

Audrey you are awesome! And BTW, I love the names!

Deanna said...

Wow! I'm so impressed! You guys opted out of a C-section and both babies were over 7lbs! Amazing! Way to go. Congrats!

Andrea Teague said...

Congratulations! They are so adorable, and Ethan looks so cute with them. Way to go Audrey--sounded like quite an ordeal. Now I know why it was so late! I would have freaked out. Maybe they got your birthday mixed up with your delivery date?

Adorable names. Zachary is one of my favorites--and it wasn't on the poll...so completely unexpected. I voted for Autumn originally, so I approve (I switched to Ava because it looked like Isabella was going to pull ahead...)

I'm so happy and I wish I could be there!

Ellen said...

I am so anxious to see them and I am so happy everything turned out okay. The first one looks just like Ethan! I am so excited for the fun experiences ahead for you (and I'm praying for you to stay sane through it all). I love you guys!

Karen said...

What a great looking family! Glad everything went well - there is so much fun to come!

Jaime said...

Congratulations! They are beatuiful!

Josh and Gloriana said...

I can't believe you posted so quickly! That's awesome- and they are adorable :) I am so impressed with Audrey- she is a stronger woman than I, not sure I could handle that- she rocks! Congrats!

jess (mumbo designs) said...

They are beautiful! The names are great, of course you win Audrey. I'm glad that everything went well and they are here. I'll be thinking of you guys the next few weeks!

Tiscia said...

Congrats you guys! How exciting! I love the pic of Ethan kissing your belly! What perfect names you have chosen - I am biased with Zachary... as that is my little one's name as well. Good choice! I can't wait to see more pictures!

Lisa_M said...

Glad to see everyone is alive and well. Can't wait to see them tomorrow.

Lisa said...

Congratulations Audrey! They are darling and you look great, especially for just birthing twins. Hope recovery is fast!

Maren said...

WOW! Those are big healthy beautiful babies! Great job Audrey!

Hilary said...

Congratulations!!! You are amazing, that is a lot of baby, beautiful kids! I hope that all continues to go well, and that they sleep soon and well for you.
I'm glad that you won the naming contest Audrey, they are cute names!

The Dunns said...

Audrey
You are amazing! I can't believe you carried your babies until 39 weeks. And then you did it without a c-section. Congrats, they are beautiful! Good luck with everything, try to get some rest. We miss you guys, and wish we could be there to help you. Tell Ethan hi!

Kathleen said...

congratulations!!! wow, i must say, audrey is quite the trooper for carrying soooo much baby! audrey, you look FANTASTIC though. seriously! zachary and autumn are just beautiful--sniff, sniff (tear!)!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!! They are so beautiful!!!