When I was struggling through my first year with Ethan, not getting any sleep at all, I would get so mad at everything sleep related-- Sleeping pill commercials, NyQuil ads, pictures of sleeping babies in magazines... the list goes on. But the worst were the mothers who would eagerly tell me about their 2 month old who's been sleeping for 8 hour chunks every night since they came home from the hospital. It made it that much worse knowing there were babies out there who were not screaming every hour and a half.
Well, I'm happy to report that last night both of my babies slept from 11:00-6:00. That's right, 7 hours straight. Then they both went right back to sleep after I fed them and slept till 9:30 (Ava slept till 10:30). And if that wasn't enough, Ethan decided to play in his room until 9:45 instead of waking me up. Yes, I'm feeling pretty good today.
After a few minutes of trying to make Ava smile, Ethan wanted to show me how good HE is at smiling. I do love his smile.
Unfortunately, they're all fuzzy...
3 comments:
I'm so glad our prayers for you have been answered in the form of more sleep. So Ava looks way bigger than Zach. Is that true, or is it just the cheeks?
Ethan's smile is awesome. He is so handsome and happy-looking.
We love you all! I'm still trying to plan a trip out there sometime.
AWW so cute! Isn't great when they smile? So happy to hear that you got some sleep last night, I hope it continues for you. You guys deserve it after Ethan's sleep troubles. Thanks for posting and I love Ava's cheeks :)
Oh my goodness--your family is SO cute. Ethan looks so grown up! He sounds like a great big brother. It's so fun that they're smiling--and so good that they're sleeping.
I love you!
Post a Comment