So, on Friday night Ava decided that she was tired of all the stinky boys in the house and wanted some girl time. So Ava and I spent a few days away-- just the two of us. We got waited on hand and foot. I got breakfast, lunch, and dinner in bed, and we sat around watching TV all day. Sounds pretty nice huh? Unfortunately, it also came with a 104 degree temp, IVs, thermometers up her rear every few hours, 2 x-rays, an ultrasound, blood work, catheters and a spinal tap. The last of which made her so mad she burst blood vessels all over her face from the screaming and has a bruise on her tongue from biting it during the procedure I presume.
After scaring us with a Viral Meningitis diagnosis because of her "confusing labs", it was determined that it was probably just a UTI. They promptly sent us home with some antibiotics.

She was a trooper the whole time. She stayed smiley and pleasant when they weren't poking her.It was an exahusting weekend. Eric got to spend his first weekend in weeks in the ER, and I got two sleepless nights in the hospital. We are so glad to be home.... but now we need a real vacation.
4 comments:
Maybe next time we will skip the doctor, like daddy wanted to do.
So sorry you had such a rough weekend. Hope Ava is feeling better. She's super cute in the pictures :)
I am glad everything is okay! I hate hospitals and doctors, but glad we have them. Spinal taps are the worst! I can understand Ava getting so mad - Zach had one at 2.5 weeks and it freaked him out so bad that he stopped breathing! Thank goodness for medicine that fixes everything!
Poor baby! (you and Ava). I'm so sorry that you had to go through that--but I am so so so glad that she is okay!
Post a Comment