Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Twins' Names

We are looking for input on the twins’ names; please take a second to vote and write a comment.

These are the names from favorite to least favorite.

Girl: India (nickname Indy), Aurora, Ava, Eva, Autumn, Isabella (nickname bella), Indra, Sophie, Giselle.

Boy: Kent, Paul (although I think Lisa has dibs), Clark, any suggestions?




10 comments:

Kevin ~ Faith ~ Bellamy said...

IRWIN
IVRIT
ABDIEL
KADEN
KENDRICK
ZACHARY

Ellen said...

I don't know if I can vote - I like India and Indra. I like Indy as a nickname. They are all beautiful. I would be proud to call my niece by any of those names.
For boys, I only have a few for myself, so I don't know if I can suggest any. Gregory? Nathan? Do you have The Baby Name Wizard book? It is awesome.

Andrea Teague said...

For girls, I really like Ava and Eva. I think Ava sounds better with Ursic than Eva. India is cool, if you're ok with being a little unusual. Indy reminds me of Indiana Jones, but is very cute.

I love the name Isabel (similar to Isabella) but my problem is Isabella is the Twilight girl's name and she goes by Bella. I don't know how long this craze will last, but just be aware haha--people might think you named her after the books.

I actually like all of your girl names--Aurora is my fav. Disney princess and I was just thinking today how I loved the name Autumn.

Giselle might have some bad nicknames (I only thought of this because someone at work was talking about someone named Giselle and they were commenting on it).

For boys, I kind of like traditional names like William (nickname Will, not Bill), Charles (Charlie) or Alexander--although Ellen may have claimed that one. (It'd be a bad idea for me as I have a niece Alexi and a nephew Alex).

Sorry this is so long. My vote is for Autumn or Ava. Boys name I have no idea--any of those are good...

I haven't talked to you in forever. I love you!

Andrea Teague said...

Ok, I also vote for India too. It's really cute and growing on me. So yeah, Autumn, Ava, and India. I'll stop posting now. :)

The Dunns said...

Audrey-
So I am so excited for you guys! Aren't you supposed to have your babies anytime now? We will keep checking the blog for updates. I voted for Ava and Kent. I think though you have a great name selection which ever ones you decide on are good. Is Ethan ready to be a big bro? Well we hope all is well. We sure miss you guys and want to keep in touch.
love-
Carly

eileenursic said...

Have to get back to you on the boy names but as for the girls:

I asked Mark his vote and he says he votes Eva, (but votes it be pronounced with a soft e, "Ehhva" not "EEEva") Does this make sense?

My vote is tied for the above and 2 others:
Isabella-- because I like long names for girls, it's regal and queen-like and has a nickname option. And Autumn, because it has a great visual connotation and sounds like a mini offshoot of Audrey, which IS what she is. =)

They're all feminine, cute and original -- all attributes I'm sure she will embody. Good luck in narrowing down the inspiration!

Maren said...

I am a freak about baby naming. By that I mean, that naming a baby for me is extremely stressful and I do a lot of analysis. In fact, I second Ellen's suggestion for The Baby Name Wizard book. I used that one as well.

My general philosophy about names is that for girls, it doesn't matter so much how it sounds with your last name because they will change their name anyway eventually, and that the name should sound very substantial and strong all on its own.

For boys, their names have to sound good with the last name, and for boys I like masculine names--although I've never had the opportunity to actually name a boy.

My youngest daughter's name is Dempsey (after the boxer Jack Dempsey)--that might sound good for your boy: Dempsey Ursic.

Out of your girl names I think I like Sophie. It is cute, but substantial. A strong woman could be named Sophie.

Anywho, its coming up soon now, good luck! I'll be thinking of you!

eileenursic said...

Aare you open to semi-Matchy Matchy combos?

Autumn & Adam
Eva & Evan
Isabella & Ivan
Giselle & Jackson
India & Indigo? (best i could come up with)
Sophie & Samuel --after baby's uncle right?
Paul & Portia
Kent & Kendall/Kendra
Clark & Carissa

Lisa said...

I voted for Ava for a girl, although I also really like Eva. It's cute, pretty and feminine. And for a boy, I voted for Paul. But I'm biased on that one because it's my hubby's name.

Lisa_M said...

I voted for Ava and Kent -- I really like Ava and I think it sounds good with Ursic.

I think Kent is nice because it is not so common -- I have never met a Kent.