Friday, March 13, 2009

Is indecisiveness an inherited trait?

So after much debate, we finally decided on Zachary and Autumn for our names. I like the name Autumn a lot, but it just didn't feel right when I called our little girl that. I let it go, knowing that "Ethan" didn't feel right either until we got used to it. Then about 4 hours after we told the Birth Certificate Lady our name choices, Eric said "maybe we should go with Ava". I said YES!

I was leaning away from Ava because it's gotten very popular, but it just feels right to me. So now I have to go down to the Birth Certificate office and change it. But I'm happy. Thanks Eric.A little confused, but still cute
Ava India Ursic

Zach doesn't seem to care

Zach and Ava home from the hospital yesterday

10 comments:

Tiscia said...

What sweet angels - and she is totally worth the extra trip! I 'm glad decided on names what the biggest issues you've had so far. That's not a terrible one. :)

kimberly said...

They're so cute!!! Love the names and can't wait to hold them :)

Hilary said...

They are so cute, and Ava really looks like it fits. Congratulations again!

Gretch said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! WOW! I'm, so glad they are here and healthy! Way to go for carrying them to 39 weeks and no c-section. Cute babies and cute names! I hope you're getting a lot of help and sleep!

Ellen said...

If you tell her that story, she'll want the other name when she's a teenager. No matter what you name her. It's inevitable. Yay, you get to put up with teenage girls like me!!!

Ryan Teague said...

Congratulations, guys. By the way, Andrea's been trying to brainstorm ideas to get babies while avoiding birth, so if this doesn't work out for you, send me an email.

Andrea Teague said...

They are SO CUTE! I'm so happy you got the name you really wanted, Audrey. :) I had a dream that you shipped me the babies so I could take care of them for you for a few days--maybe it was my subconscious making up for the fact that I can't see them in person for a while. Keep pictures coming (if you have any time to post pictures now...) I love you!

Doug, Jen & the boys said...

Congratulations! They are beautiful. Hope you are doing well.

Carrie said...

Congratulations, Audrey and Eric! Zachary and Ava are beautiful! I hope everyone is getting at least SOME sleep and hanging in there. I'm sure things are a little crazy, but you'll do great!

Chrissy said...

Hope you're hanging in there! What a blessing!